WRITING FOR THE MEDIA
Releases should be sent to:
Back to Writing for the press.
- Beat reporters who cover your issue, e.g. environment, education, etc.
- Assignment editors at television or radio stations.
- Radio and TV producers or bookers who schedule for shows that may cover your issue
- In the case of a release that follows a press event, the release should be sent out to the same list of reporters who received the advisory. You may also want to add others if new angles develop.
- You should also include the release in press kits handed out at your media event or mailed to journalists who express interest.
- More on where and how to send releases